Friday, March 28, 2008

Newest *Real* Addition to Our Family

It's a baby! I visited my OB today for the first prenatal check-up for Baby #3. Everything looks good so far. They did an ultrasound and the baby had a good heartbeat of 174 bpm and measured 9 weeks 3 days, which is exactly what we estimated. That puts the due date around October 29. It was great to see the baby and its heart beating away. We're quite excited about the baby, but a bit nervous about parenting 3 kids ages 3 1/2 and younger!

So far the first trimester hasn't been too bad~ at least not compared to the previous pregnancies. I've had mild morning sickness and a fair amount of fatigue, but I'm not complaining, especially after having hyperemesis with Caleb! I'm anxious to make it through the next few weeks and into the 2nd trimester when presumably I'll get some energy back. Check back for periodic updates =)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hey - you know they say faster heartbeat = girl!!!! I don't know about Hayden and Caleb, but both my boys had rates in the 150s! I'm thinking pink Robbie!

Maile said...

Congrats!! We are super excited for you!

bethi said...

YAY!!! I am so happy for you guys! Now that the news is out it is SUPER exciting that we are both pregnant and due on the EXACT SAME DATE! I'm sure we'll end up delivering on different days, but I still think it is so fun to go through this process with someone else who is experiencing the same things at the same time! Congrats!!!