Now I want to preface this by saying that this is a dishonest thing to do if done on purpose.
So anyway, I ordered my usual drink the other day at Starbucks, a Tall Toffee Nut Latte with Whipped Cream. When the drink was ready, I noticed it was a Grande. I thought maybe they had made a mistake, but I didn't remember if they had charged me for a Tall or Grande. I probably would have noticed if they had charged me for a Grande.
But I decided to just keep it and I took a sip. It tasted kind of bad, at least compared to what I was expecting. Here it was not my drink. It was for someone who had ordered a plain Grande Latte. All the hundreds of times I have been to Starbucks and this was the first time I made that mistake. (wow, hundreds of times, how much $ have I spent there??)
The Starbucks "associate" was just finishing my real drink, so I grabbed that and apologized to him and to the customer for my indiscretion. They said no problem, he would just make the guy a new Latte.
I did not want to see the full Grande Latte go to waste, so I asked what they were going to do with it. Since they were going to throw it away, I asked if I could take it and give to someone at work. They said no worries.
So that is how I got a free Latte. Of course, when I gave it to one of my buddies at work, I didn't mention I had taken a sip. Oh well, what he didn't know, didn't hurt him. At least not that I know of...
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment