Avery is 17 months old now and has recently developed an interest in the toilet. It started with her wanting a piece of TP to wipe the leg of any person sitting on the toilet (usually me, since I don't have the privilege of going the bathroom by myself unless it's between 8pm and 6am). She would wipe my thigh thoroughly, put the square in the toilet, close the lid and flush.
Then Avery started wanting to sit on the toilet herself. Since I can't hold her over the toilet all day long and simultaneously care for her two older brothers, it occurred to me that Avery is ready for her own little potty. Most of the time, she sits on the potty with her clothes on. But there have been four times so far when I've bothered to take off her diaper so she can have some genuine potty experiences. Here are the results.
1st time: peed in potty
2nd time: peed in potty
3rd time: peed in potty
4th time: pooped in potty
I kid you not, Avery is 4 for 4 with butt naked success on her potty. I am intrigued to see where this journey takes us. Or rather, how long it takes us to get there! I'm surprised how much control she seems to have over her bodily functions when she wants to. But then again, people always say how much easier it is to train girls than boys. (And I can already attest to MUCH less mess from a girl!)
Lest you think I am bragging, I do want to add that I am convinced this is too good to be true and don't expect Avery to go every time she sits down on the potty. Secondly, I also know that the more a parent wants to potty train their kid, the less the kid wants to be trained. So I am in no hurry and am very content to let Avery do things at her own pace here. It's been a fun start though.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL - Potty Power. Too funny! Cam got pretty interested right around age 2, and was all set by 26 months! It might be coming faster than you think. =)
Back in February we had our first potty-experience, http://bethibookblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/potty-training-part-one.html. However, I am NOT as excited about it as you are. With the new baby coming and moving I want to keep that diaper on (at least until we get settled in out new place in June). So... I got her a toy potty to sit on which she is obsessed with and I let her flush. But that is it. Have fun with Avery! I'll join you in a bit because Beab SO wants to use it too!
Post a Comment