It's so fun for me to watch the kids develop as individuals, and amazing to see what a strong role Nature (vs. Nurture, that is) really has to play in who each one is. As siblings, the kids have lots of similarities to each other, but I love the differences too. I wanted to share my latest favorite example of how different Caleb and Hayden are from each other:
Hayden, not yet 3 1/2, is teaching himself to ride a two wheeled bike lately. A few days ago he decided he was done with training wheels. I should mention that he's only had this bike of his own for a month now (it used to be Caleb's). Hayden likes to practice without ANY assistance. The first day, he practiced for a few hours (seriously!) in the backyard, never getting discouraged and really enjoying this new challenge. He is making great progress, and it might not be long before he's mastered the two-wheel bike. And I just love him for it!
Caleb, as he watched Hayden practicing, said to me, "Do they make adults bikes with training wheels? Because I NEVER want to take off my training wheels." And I just love him for it!
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love hearing mommies talk about how much they love their kids!
Your kids are just too dog-gone CUTE! I could just picture Caleb saying that!
And do you know what? I have a feeling that whatever Caleb needs - even if it hasn't been invented yet - he'll find a way to create it for himself ;)
I love these little stories you share with us!
Post a Comment