Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thoughts and Musings of Late

Let's face it. This is another blog casualty... a blog begun with the best intentions of writing regularly to document some of our family's experiences, but a blog that is used too infrequently to mean much. It has become just another lame blog statistic. I don't know what the statistics are, but surely this happens to a lot of bloggers? This is not to say I am throwing in the towel. But I'm also beyond the point of making promises to do better- for now anyway!


Here are a few things that have been on my mind lately, which I will probably not take the time to expound on in future posts (in no particular order, I might add):


1. What color should I paint the kitchen?

2. I need to keep up on current events better.

3. My husband is wonderful and very hard working, and I feel like I don't work nearly as hard as he does.

4. I need to read more.

5. What would less time on Facebook/email do for my state of mind during the day when I'm home with the kids?

6. How many more times will I catch Avery with her hands in the toilet before she outgrows this phase?

7. Will my kitchen floor EVER stay mostly clean for more than a few hours at a time?

8. I want to learn how to use my still-new-in-the-box sewing machine this year.

9. Where is my aerobics DVD?

10. Once we make landscaping adjustments to our backyard that should be attractive to tiny lizards, how in the world are we going to bring the lizards into our yard? (or help them find their own way?)

11. I love Frontline! Why don't I make it a priority to watch it more often?

12. I feel about as sharp as a ball. Will this ever change? Or is my pregnancy brain here to stay?

13. I live such a life of luxury and feel guilty at how easily I can put tragedies like Haiti out of my mind.

14. Caleb really says he wants to play baseball, but maybe it's a mistake to sign him up this year.

15. Issues of loyalty and obligation, both to my family of origin and my hometown. What's a good balance?

16. Am I my mother?

17. What should we have for dinner?

18. I really need to work to improve our kids' eating and mealtime habits.

19. What does a full night of sleep feel like?

20. Dear Lord, please fill in the gaps so that I don't totally screw up my kids.

And there you have it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a lot of things in your head right now! Being a mom is really all about questions anyway right? You are doing great I'm sure. Nice to see you on the blog again though! I missed you!

Matt said...

Ok, I am going to take a shot an answering these questions for you...

1. Rust Orange
2. I can fill you in
3. I think it is the other way around
4. So do I
5. Maybe
6. Hopefully a number less than 1 but not more than zero
7. No
8. Good call
9. Hmm
10. If we build it, they will come
11. We can make it a priority together
12. Your pre-pregnancy brain is coming back, and better than ever!
13. Me too
14. I should practice more with him
15. Hmm
16. No
17. Thai
18. Me too
19. It's over-rated


Well, I hope that helps :) I love you!