There are a lot of things I like about California, and the Bay Area in particular. But this morning I was reminded of one of the best things California has to offer: strawberries! And its other produce, of course. We live less than an hour from Watsonville, the nation's strawberry capital. As we drove home from church today, I was quite happy to see the migrant worker standing on the street corner with his huge boxes full of large, ripe, fresh strawberries. And cheap too! I just might make some strawberry pie...if and only if there are enough berries remaining when I go to make it. All of us love eating them plain, and it won't be long before our big box is empty. Yum.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
What I Like Most About California
There are a lot of things I like about California, and the Bay Area in particular. But this morning I was reminded of one of the best things California has to offer: strawberries! And its other produce, of course. We live less than an hour from Watsonville, the nation's strawberry capital. As we drove home from church today, I was quite happy to see the migrant worker standing on the street corner with his huge boxes full of large, ripe, fresh strawberries. And cheap too! I just might make some strawberry pie...if and only if there are enough berries remaining when I go to make it. All of us love eating them plain, and it won't be long before our big box is empty. Yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment