About every week or so Caleb finds a new toy to play with, typically one that is not even a toy in the first place. This past weekend he got his hands on a tire pressure gauge.
At first he used it to look in my ears and mouth like a doctor's otoscope. I asked if he wanted to be a doctor like his Grandpa. He said, "Yes, and an airman." I thought he said fireman, so I asked if that was what he said. "No, I am going to be an airman, so I can put air in people." It was very funny, but just the beginning of his imaginitive streak with the tire gauge.
The next use of the tire gauge was as a magic wand (not sure where he learned that). First he turned me into a rooster, and then a "real cow". After that he turned the house into a rooster, and then back into a house again (thankfully).
The next day, Caleb showed a rare interest in music, and started using the tire gauge to conduct the rest of us and told us to make some music. We were just slapping our knees or something and Hayden really got into it, swaying to the so-called tune.
At night, Caleb went to sleep with the tire gauge at his side. He woke up 3 times that night crying when he couldn't find the gauge in his bed. (It kept falling on the floor or making its way under the pillow.)
Yesterday, I finally showed Caleb what the tire gauge was really for, and he was quite impressed :)
No comments:
Post a Comment