Tuesday, March 8, 2011
My Eyes
Are Fine! I still have 20/20 vision, and all the optometrist could recommend to me are "computer glasses." I guess they are .5 strength (I don't even know if that's the proper term), compared to the mildest type of drugstore reading glasses, which are 1.0 strength. The computer glasses are intended to do some of the work helping my eyes to focus so that my eyes don't have to work so hard to do it. Unfortunately these require a prescription, and since we don't currently have a vision plan with our insurance, I need to decide if the cost of the glasses is worth it to me. Any thoughts or insights?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Worth it? YES.
Especially considering the fact that you needed a perscription for these glasses, makes me feel like they're that much more necessary. It would be horrible if you got dizzy or got a headache every time you sat at the computer! If there's something that you can do to fix it, my opinion would be YES!! It's worth it!
Besides, I think you'd look adorable in some of those cute glasses!
Thanks for letting me weigh in :)
Robbie, is it for correcting farsightedness? (Trouble seeing upclose?) If so, I would recommend getting the script because it's from a natural weakening of the muscles in the eyes. If it's distance related... you might not get much relief at the computer from something that is - 0.50. If it's +0.50 though - that can really help!
(PS - I worked for an optician for 3 years, hence all the ridiculous knowledge!)
Post a Comment