The last few weeks I've found myself daydreaming more and more about getting a dog. We don't have any pets right now, and they haven't really been on the radar for our family. Matt and I have discussed the possibility of a dog when the kids are older, but not for right now. Nonetheless, I keep wishing for a cuddly little puppy to relax with us in the house, to play with the kids outside, etc. etc. I have spent way too much time lately on the computer researching dog types and adoption possibilities.
What is wrong with me? I am trying to psychoanalyze myself on this one. It's only because things around the house are getting a *little* bit easier that I would even consider a dog. Is this some biological desire to nurture? Am I looking for a substitute "baby" since we expect we are done having kids? Is it to make up for having Caleb gone at school all day? Or do I have this masochistic need for a constant rain of stress in my life?! Am I such a drama queen that I always need some excitement? Or do I really just want a dog for "normal" reasons-- whatever those are? And is this feeling going to pass in a few weeks or do I really have the dog bug?
Weirdo.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hahaha! This post actually made me laugh out loud. I could easily go both ways on the situation - we have a dog (Molly) we adore and who is fabulous with the girls and they love her in return. However, it is a constant battle to keep up with the dog hair and the pooper scooper, etc. It's basically like adding another kid to the house... if you were allowed to lock your kid in a dog kennel at night. =)In the end, if you are lucky enough to find the right dog - it is totally worth it.
Whatever the case, you are definitely - most definintely - NOT a drama queen.
And you're not a weirdo.
Personally, I like you AND the way you think :)
You had the best dog growing up. I LOVED Minty. Super fluffy :) I bet your kiddos would have loved that pup. Are you still thinking about a furbaby?
I forgot about Minty! She was the cutest ball of fluff! =D
I don't think you're crazy either. I have Fat Val - he is my fur baby, and I love him. I honestly can't imagine not having a pet - which is why Val's still here despite my terrible allergies!
Post a Comment