Caleb: still plays with his imaginary friend
Hayden: After all of Caleb's pressure to have an imaginary friend, Hayden has decided that he has an imaginary friend named Hayden. Hayden (the real one, that is) loves riding his two-wheeled bike to the park and around the neighborhood. He often talks about wanting to play ping-pong in Grandma and Grandpa's basement. He loves ping-pong! He also asks everyday to go to the park to play basketball. And he loves soccer and football and baseball. See the theme here? Bob, the aforementioned neighbor, has invited us to swim in his pool every weekend, and Hayden is making great progress with swimming. The first time we went over Hayden just sat along the edge, but now he swims around by himself (with floaties) and even jumps in the pool letting his head go under the water.
Avery: has developed an interest in TV. She's always asking to watch Nemo, "McQueen" (Cars movie), or "And Beyond" (Toy Story). Can you tell she's the third child? Caleb had never seen a real movie when he was her age, and Avery has seen these movies enough to ask for them by name. Avery loves to rough house with Hayden, jumping and climbing on him. She loves to hug and kiss both Hayden and Caleb. Avery also loves to color and read. I've started putting accessories in her hair more regularly. Initially she fought and cried as soon as I started touching her hair, but she is getting used to it slowly. My new strategy is to distract her by giving her a few chocolate chips in a cup and turning on the television while I do her hair. Eventually I'll cut out the chocolate chips, and then later I hope to cut out the television.
3 comments:
Thanks for "the glimpse." I like feeling that I know them even though we don't see you very much. You have three very special kids (and by kids I mean k-i-d-s :)
Hmm... I am totally out of luck on decorating the Beab. Perhaps when Madeline get's things in her hair Beatrice will want to be like her. I can already tell that "Mayan" will be a girly girl. She is SO sweet!
Every time I read your blog, I think the same thing. "Gosh. What a good mom."
My favorite comment was about Caleb's b-i-g b-o-x. I bet Grandpa got a big kick out of that one, too!
You are an inspiration to us all. Thanks for being YOU!!! (You're quite good at it!)
Post a Comment