"Busy but good" is my typical answer to the question, "How's life?" And most days that is true! Here's a little update on life at the moment...
MATT continues to enjoy his work, for the most part. He has had a lot on his plate at Cisco lately, but we're always thankful that he has a good job in times like these, when many friends have either lost jobs, had hours cut, or had paycuts. Matt has also been busy trying to find a new tenant for the townhouse in Charlottesville, something that is taking longer than we hoped. In his spare moments, Matt has been reading Warren Buffet's biography and he's sad that he's coming to the end of the book. We had a nice Father's Day celebration yesterday that included spending some time at the Silicon Valley Duck Race (fun, but would have been even more fun had we arrived in time to actually see the race!), ordering in pizza for dinner, and eating raspberry shortcake for dessert. The boys painted some pottery pieces as gifts for Matt, and Matt proudly took them to work this morning to display on his desk.
CALEB was disappointed that preschool ended for the summer! He's really enjoyed it. He doesn't play with Matchbox cars quite as often as he used to and doesn't talk much about different cars he sees on the road. Instead he has become more "people-oriented", creating stories and fantasies about different people/creatures using toy figurines (as well as their cars). Caleb and Hayden are both looking forward to our trip to Buffalo later this week. Here is Caleb's To Do list in Buffalo (he asked me to write it down for him):
1. Hug Grampa Ceroky in the airport
2. Bring our old car seat with us
3. Pick out clothes for Grandpa Eubanks
4. Put birdseed in Gramma' Ceroky's birdfeeder
5. Play in the basement and the driveway
6. Plant flowers with Grandma Eubanks
HAYDEN continues to get into stuff! There have been so many times when I've caught him smearing stuff in his hair... yogurt, applesauce, barbeque sauce, hair cream (at least that one was somewhat appropriate). He is so tactile! He copies everything Caleb says and does- so much so that it's scary! He loves to play with Avery. He loves to wear his Mickey Mouse ears and ride his tricycle, but in his mind he is wearing his motorcycle helmet and riding his motorcycle.
AVERY is such a sweetie. She is sitting up now, eating tiny pieces of table food and cheerios, and not quite crawling. We're also still awaiting her first tooth- I think it will be at least a month before it's here. She laughs at the boys and loves to be included in their play. Breastfeeding is going great, which I am SO thankful for.
ROBYN (that's me) is ?? Busy but good =) Somedays the kids drive me nuts, but I try to remember what a blessing it is to have 3 children and I have spent more and more time praying that God will help me to be the best mom and wife I can be. I have been getting shots in my foot to treat a neuroma that's been bothering me for almost 2 years. The shots aren't helping much, so it's quite possible I'll need surgery- yuck! Recently I decided to replace our nasty looking kitchen chair seat covers. Admittedly, Matt ended up doing a lot of the work since he's stronger and faster than I am! But the chairs look much better and it's such a good feeling to cross something off my list.
We have been house hunting for about 5 months now and along with it we have been looking for wisdom in choosing a school for the kids. Right now we are leaning toward private school, and this fall we will investigate them more aggressively. At the moment we have a bid in on a house that we would love to get! Hopefully we will know by tomorrow if we got it.
Friday we leave for Buffalo and we're quite excited to see our family and friends again! Whew, I think that is enough for now!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay Robbie! Loved the WHOLE family update. Wished we lived closer to do play dates and kid swaps :) Miss you!
I just love your updates and stories! The kids are growing up so fast! I love that Caleb is already writing lists. He's going to be someone to watch!
I ca't wait to see you guys when you come into Buffalo!
Post a Comment