Clearly I am still not doing well when it comes to keeping the blog updated! I suppose I've been a bit preoccupied...
February 2009 was momentous for our family in several ways. This month Caleb started attending the Clement School MWF mornings. He loves preschool! The parking lot at Clement is very small, so the teachers escort the children to and from their cars everyday. This is a major convenience for me because I don't need to load and unload Hayden and Avery each time (and I didn't even realize drop-offs were done this way when we chose this preschool!). But I thought for sure Caleb would NOT be happy about this arrangement. To our surprise, he's done great! In the mornings he just says goodbye and doesn't look back. He loves his teacher and the other children in his class, especially his friend Lily. It's been a wonderful experience thus far.
On Feb 8 our church did a special dedication service for Avery. This was a very nice occasion and we were able to celebrate it with a bunch of our friends (who don't usually come to our church on Sundays). As our friend Eric held Avery and prayed a dedication prayer, Avery smiled up at him, which almost got Eric choked up. =)
The next day, Feb 9, Matt left for a 10 day trip to Europe. He traveled to Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris, and London. The trip was quite successful, but we all agreed it was a VERY long time for Matt to be away! Matt brought home some great souvenirs though, and he did have a good time seeing some of the sites in the different cities- especially visiting our old stomping grounds in London, as well as Paris (where we honeymooned).
Fortunately for me and the kids, Matt's parents were able to come stay with us while Matt was away. We had a great visit with them! The boys love playing with Grandma and Grandpa, and it was nice for them to catch up with the kids and spend some time getting to know Avery. I was able to squeeze in a few extras too- like doctor appointments and shopping!
That is February in a nutshell!
No comments:
Post a Comment