Life's fast pace has continued for us during the past few weeks... We decided two weeks ago on Friday that we wanted to move before our house sold. The next day, Saturday, we looked at a few houses and found one we really liked. We signed the lease the following Wednesday and moved in on Sunday. Did you catch all of that? I can barely keep the days straight in my head right now.
We like our new house quite a bit, and it has a lot of advantages over our old one: a yard in the front and back, more square footage, cozier layout, bigger garage, a very nice and friendly neighborhood, etc. The only downside is that we don't have A/C anymore, but somehow we've survived several days with temperatures in the high 90s. All in all, it truly seems like things are working out for the best.
The boys are adjusting to things, but it's been hard on them. They've had quite a few meltdowns in the past week and it's clear that they are sharing in the stress that Matt and I have felt. Some days Caleb says he likes the new house and other days he says he wants the moving truck to take our stuff back to the old house. Overall though, I think we made the right decision. I'm sure the boys will settle in nicely just in time for the baby's birth, when life will be crazy again in a new way. =)
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment