Friday, May 14, 2010

Top 10 Sounds In the House That Send Me Running

Between the 2 adults and 3 children in our home, the house is rarely quiet.  Since I don't REALLY have eyes in the back of my head, I've learned to listen carefully to what's going on in the house so I can monitor things.  Here are ten sounds that tell me I more than likely need to make a quick move (besides the obvious fighting/yelling/crying/"Moooooooom!").

10. Thud in the middle of the night
9. Scissors cutting
8. Refrigerator door opening
7. Phone dialing
6. Bathroom sink faucet turned on for more than 3 seconds
5. Laptop crashing to the floor
4. Chair being pushed from one end of the kitchen to the other
3. Toilet lid opening
2. Silence that lasts more than 3 seconds.
1. Giggling in the bathroom

2 comments:

Mindy Sauer said...

"But mom, we were having so much fun!"

Look at Avery's cute little face! Oh, the delight! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Being a mom is a full time job huh? Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am a little overwhelmed right now but this too shall pass and soon I'll be a pro like you ;)