Avery June Eubanks joined our family on October 20 at 3:29pm weighing 8lbs and 21 inches long. It's hard to believe an entire month has already passed since her birth. Avery has been a great baby. She only cries when she is hungry and tolerates her brothers' energy quite well. (As I write this, the boys are shrieking as they have "Monster Time" with Daddy... Avery is just sleeping away in her bouncer seat in the kitchen.)
We've all enjoyed having a baby girl here with us. Caleb and Hayden love to hold her, touch her, and give her slimy kisses. Caleb is very kind and gentle with Avery, and really looks out for her. Hayden is not so gentle, but just as well meaning. The adjustment to 3 kids has been ok. Adjusting at home has been relatively easy, but adjusting to taking 3 kids out of the house has been the challenge.
And for those who want to know: the labor and delivery went well. I went in at 4:30am to be induced. The pitocin was started by 6am. By 1pm I was really feeling the pain of the contractions (to say the least), and when the nurse checked my cervix I had only dilated from 3cm to 5cm during the previous 7 hours. At this point I asked for an epidural. I was so relieved when the anesthesiologist walked through the door a short time later. The epidural was started successfully. Within the next 2 hours I dilated the remaining 5cm. And with one push, Avery was born! She was blue and bruised from coming out so quickly, but otherwise everything was perfect.
My recovery was easy this time. In fact my biggest complaint was the sore spot on my back from where the epidural went in. My hospital experience was good, and it was a treat to just phone in my order for every meal. If only it was that simple at home...
It was great to have our family's help for the first few weeks. We've also been blessed by the many meals our friends have prepared for us. They say the first 6 weeks are the hardest, so we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! (At least, I think so.) We are definitely still short on sleep, but I guess that is par for the course. It's also my excuse if any of my sentences are less than coherent!
2 comments:
Yay for baby Avery (and good job mommy)! I know exactly what you are going through :)~
I am still so excited for you guys, and glad to hear things are moving along pretty smoothly! It's also know the jump to 3 isn't too. bad - cause the jump from 1 to 2 was rough here! LOL
Post a Comment