When it comes to life with little kids, I've learned that you never really know what each day might bring. Remember how a few weeks ago we were desperately trying to find something Hayden would watch on TV in preparation for our long flight to Buffalo? Last night I sat down next to Hayden on the couch and he handed me the remote and said/whined, "TV." I said, "You want to watch TV?" "Please." Then Hayden started barking and saying "doggie", so I knew exactly what he wanted to watch: Animal Planet. [BTW- Barney DID come through for us on our trip-- Hayden sat still to watch it on several occasions!]
This afternoon it took longer than usual for me to get Hayden settled for his nap. Caleb was downstairs by himself playing, but eventually I heard him saying quietly, "Mommy, Mommy." Thinking that he was just getting lonely, I came out of Hayden's room to tell him I'd be with him soon. Well, the real reason Caleb was calling to me was to tell me there was poop on the floor... as in, Caleb pooped on the floor. He said, "I'm sorry, I was just too busy. Next time I'll stop playing and go to the bathroom." This is the kid who was the easiest potty-trainee in the world! In the last year, he's only had one or two accidents, and NEVER with poop. I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the floor.
So, yes, there are surprises around every corner at our house these days. Just watch your step.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well I can't entirely relate (Connor has not had any accidents in 2 years) I can tell you it's normal! Poor Caleb. =(
Post a Comment