Friday, June 27, 2008

I am so jealous

Silicon Valley is famous for giving employees great perks, as I can personally attest to. At Cisco we get free drinks (including Mt Dew, which is a serious problem for me), gym membership (to counteract the free drinks), flexible work schedule, four weeks of vacation a year (!!!), and a myriad of other ones that I don't even use or know about.

But this one over at Google tops them all...

Google Employees Even Get Japanese Space Toilets


I did find the next best perk here at Cisco... streaming High-Def cable stations on my computer. One of our areas of technology is used by cable companies to stream HD video to subscribers. So the Cable Business Unit has been streaming about 15 channels in HD over the Cisco intranet. I was able to watch the Euro 2008 soccer semifinals live the last two days. How sweet! And it doesn't even affect my productivity ;-)

No comments: